OGRE-TOBER at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Last week I chaperoned my son's kindergarden class to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  I was especially excited to go because I hadn't been to the Botanical Gardens in a while - but most importantly a very special exhibit from Montreal was there - Imaginary Worlds - Mosaiculture.  

As you can see by my photos, this was a truly unique exhibit and incredulous to see!   For the most part, these plant sculptures were huge - most probably in the range of 16'-25'tall - all larger-than-life!



This was my son's favorite topiary "Fido" - an amazingly realistic 10ft shaggy dog!



This fountain Goddess was the highlight of the exhibit.  It's hard to imagine the size and scale of this topiary from my photos - but, she was truly a sight!  Even the kindergardeners were in awe!
Sadly, the exhibit ended on October 31st.  I have no idea where it will travel to next.  Atlanta was the first city on the US tour.  If it comes to your city, you MUST go see it - it truly is an exceptional and fun exhibit!

The Atlanta Botanical Garden has so many other terrific things to see!  It's a great way to spend a gorgeous afternoon.  Here are a few other photographs that I took along the way!
Dale Chihuly sculpture

The Scarecrows in the Garden exhibit is still going on.  There are wonderful pieces created by all different groups around Georgia.



Enjoy your day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment