One Room Challenge - Week One!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm super-excited (and slightly dreading) this One Room Challenge event.   I think it's fantastic that Linda from Calling It Home  blog has graciously opened the doors for other bloggers and heartfelt design enthusiasts - to accept the challenge and join in the fun!

My Project:  THE OFFICE

I can't wait to get started transforming my scary basement Fabric Library into my new "luxury" office space! Over the summer, I mentioned that I'd been hoping to transform a room in my basement into an Office space.  Now that I've committed myself full-time to my interior design business, I'm feeling the urgency to escape my current office- located on the first floor.  It's just too easy to get up and start doing laundry, or cleaning, or, well...snacking!  So, this past summer, I painted the room and purchased a single lamp for the space.  I needed a pair - but, after scouring all of the Home Goods stores in Atlanta and Pittsburgh, I settled with just owning one.  That's all I've done so far.  This challenge will force me to finish what I started.  So, for that, I am grateful!

THE BEFORE:
Wall A and Wall B

BEFORE....Wall B and Wall C

My basement is the dumping ground for all things unwanted.  I, literally, pile all of my "Office" things in this room and shut the door!  Wouldn't you?  It's a disaster zone!  No one would want to work in here. YET.

MY PLAN:
Integrate my dark wenge IKEA Billy bookcases with a lighter palette.   Purchase an afforable, but large desk with filing cabinets, purchase more white shelving storage.  Utilize leftover Osborne & Little chinois fabric from an old project.  Cover the dark green wall-to-wall carpet with a lighter prettier area rug.


If budget allows, add a cream area rug and dashes of PINK!  It will be the only room in my male dominated house that will have pink! yea!





NEXT WEEK:
More photos and a better plan!

5 comments:

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

I can't wait to see how you will transform this space into your office and with some pink! I love that color for me too adding pink in my craft room was the only place I could do this (all boys in my house) :-)

Momma J said...

I've always loved your style and look forward to following your progress! Give us a call the next time you are in the 'burgh and come visit the old 'hood :)

Anonymous said...

My sewing room tends to look like this from time to time :) Looking forward to seeing the progress you make.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love your fabric mix. That Chinoiserie one is fantastic. Thanks for jumping in. I can't wait till next week.

Vel Criste said...

I know what you mean about 'dumping' ground, I have a guest room similar in the basement! Can't wait to see how you'll organize and decorate this space!

Post a Comment